Saturday, May 25, 2013

Tiger Woods receives RACIST Comments from Sergio Garcia

tiger-woods-fried-chicken-comments-freddy-o
Sergio Garcia made a racist comment about Tiger Woods this week.

Garcia was onstage at the European Tour’s gala awards dinner at Wentworth in England, where The Golf Channel’s Steve Sands playfully asked him if he planned to host his rival for dinner one night at next month’s U.S. Open. Garcia said,
“We will have him round every night.”
“We will serve fried chicken.”
Tiger Woods and Sergio Garcia have always had a strained relationship.
tiger-woods-fried-chicken-comments-freddy-o
But, things came to a head this week when Sergio made a racist comment about Tiger.
“I apologize for any offense that may have been caused by my comment on stage during The European Tour Players’ Awards dinner,” his statement read. “I answered a question that was clearly made towards me as a joke with a silly remark, but in no way was the comment meant in a racist manner.”
After receiving a HUGE backlash for the comment, Garcia apologized for his words.  Unfortunately an apology void of sincerity is just as bad as not apologizing at all.
On Monday, Woods was holding a press conference at Congressional Country Club in Bethesda, Md., and was asked if he thought about reaching out to Garcia with an olive branch. His answer was succinct and made to break up the room:
“No.”
Garcia answered Tuesday at his pre-tournament press conference at Wentworth.
“That doesn’t surprise me,” he said of Tiger’s one-word answer. “That’s what he’s like. He called me a whiner. He’s probably right. But that’s also probably the first thing he’s told you guys that’s true in 15 years. I know what he’s like. You guys are finding out.”
tiger-woods-fried-chicken-comments-freddy-o
That’s when Garcia was asked if he would consider calling Woods to smooth things over. He said
“First of all, I don’t have his number.” 
“And secondly, I did nothing wrong and don’t have anything to say to him. And he wouldn’t pick up the phone anyway. But that’s OK. I don’t need him as a friend. I don’t need him in my life to be happy and that’s fine. It’s as simple as that. Like I have always said, I try to be as truthful as possible. Tiger doesn’t make a difference to my life. And I know that I don’t make a difference to his life.”
My how quickly Sergio went from apologizing for insinuating that fried chicken would placate Mr. Woods, to saying that he did nothing wrong.
If he truly felt that he did nothing wrong initially, why did he apologize?
What do you guys think?
Is Sergio Garcia racist?
Leave your comments below.
Source: freddyo.com

No comments:

Post a Comment