Thursday, May 23, 2013

Kevin Durant Donates One Million Dollars to Benefit Oklahoma City Tornado Victims

Kevin Durant donates $1 million to Oklahoma tornado victims.
Oklahoma City Thunder's star forward Kevin Durant has donated $1 million dollars to the American Red Cross to help the victims of the Oklahoma tornados. That's right he donated big bucks to help families affected by the tragedy. I think it's great, he's great and hopefully the Red Cross will use the funds to actually help people in need.
This is what Kevin had to say:
“God told me to do something to help these families out, and that’s the first thing I thought of, the first thing He popped in my mind,” Durant said later. “I’m just trying to do anything I can to help. It’s such a tough situation. Some of those things you can’t get back. But I’m just trying to help the families out as much as I can….
“As the day went on and I [saw] the footage and the casualties, the houses being blown away, it was tough to see. Like I said, I call Oklahoma City my home. I love the state, I love Oklahoma City. I go through Moore all the time. So it’s unfortunate, but like I said, we’re gonna come together as a city like we always do, and we’re gonna bounce back…."
Kevin Durant is a fellow native of Seat Pleasant, Maryland... I keep saying great people come from Seat Pleasant!!! My hood forever!!!
What do you think of Kevin's act of kindness???
Leave a comment and let us know what you think

No comments:

Post a Comment