Friday, June 7, 2013

Fantasia Talks About Her Baby Daddy, Music, and How the Media Treats Her

fantasia-talks-about-antwaun-cook-freddy-o
Our girl Fantasia opened up about her relationship with Antwaun Cook, new music, and her perception of the media with Ifelicious

Fantasia on her Music and Relationship with Antwaun Cook:

“All of my music is not just based on Antwaun. You know, he plays a big part. I think with the songs like, you know, where I speak about ‘I’m a lady, I’m a woman,’ and I came in at the beginning of the song and I say ‘Look, the world says this love is no good to me, but my heart says that it is.’ So I think it’s my way of speaking to everybody…You only heard what you heard, you only got what you got. But you never got to see that real love and that relationship, that friendship that we had. They kept running with this whole knowledge thing, and she stole somebody from some woman…Well, if everybody really looks at it and goes and does their research, I won that case. So obviously, if I won that case, it never was what they said it was. But once something gets out there, people believe everything they hear, or they just put their own twist, their own spin to it…Regardless of what you say, he’s still my son’s father. I still do love him. No, we’re not together, but he’s still a great father, a great friend, and nobody’s gonna change that. So I would have to say that this album is my way of letting go of a lot of things, letting go of a lot of things holding me back, the world mainly.”
fantasia-side-effects-of-you

Fantasia’s preception of the media and her LOVE/HATE relationship with it:

“But the main thing that hurt me, the industry was the main thing that hurt me. It wasn’t really the relationship. It was the world. It was me having to turn on my TV and seeing my name all over CNN, TMZ, all over the blogs, all over radio station. That hurt me the most. Some of the main people that sat and voted for me and said that they loved me, they were fickle. And stuff started happening, and people believed what they wanted to believe. And as far as putting all types of stuff out, that hurt me the most. But the industry hurt me the most…I never understood how someone could love you so much at one point, and then months down the line, everybody is against you, everybody’s trying to make a mockery of you.”
fantasia-without-me1

Fantasia says other celebrities do DIRT TOO:

“And let me just say this, there’s been so many other artists, and I’m not gone say any names, who have been in the same situation that I have, but you never hear it. So Fantasia was that person that they said ‘Hey, let’s make her the crash dummy. Let’s make her the person who we’ll talk about. We’ll never praise her good but we will always expose her bad.’ So I would have to say “Side Effects of You,” my main hurt, all of those songs came from the industry…And I’m not just talking about Antwaun. I’ve been in a lot of relationships where they’ve just been, not good.”
What do you think about Fantasia’s interview?
Do you think people are too hard on her?
Leave your comments below.
Source: ifelicious.com and freddyo.com

No comments:

Post a Comment