Wednesday, May 1, 2013

When Do I Clean My Makeup Brushes?

Hello my beauties, I hope you've had a wonderful week. Today I want to talk about cleanliness. I often get asked how often we should clean our makeup brushes. This question actually has more than one answer because it depends on the usage. If you use your brushes everyday, you should thoroughly clean them once a week. If you use them seven times a month, than thoroughly clean them once a month. Now the best type of brush to use is one made with human hair. The human hair is best because it does not irritate the skin. Since these brushes are made with human hair the perfect way to clean them is with shampoo and conditioner.
 
 
 
You're probably saying to yourself, why should I need to condition my makeup brush? Well I'm happy you asked, conditioning the brush will keep the bristles soft and in good condition. Your brush should always move smoothly over your skin. Just think about it no one wants a hard ruff brush on their face. So after you have shampooed each brush three times and conditioned them, lay them out on a towel to air dry. That's all you have to do to keep your brushes clean, free from bacteria, and soft. I hope this has helped answer all your questions but if you have more feel free to leave a comment.

No comments:

Post a Comment