Sunday, July 14, 2013

Shaunie O’Neal Announces New Season of Basketball Wives


basketball-wives-returns-freddyo
Shaunie O’Neal discusses Season 5 of Basketball Wives and there’s lots of emotion, some new faces, and some missing faces.
Check it out after the break!

Shaunie O’Neal, the executive producer of Basketball Wives was candid about the bad behavior and scandals during an interview with The Grio during the Essence Festival. Shaunie O’Neal said,
“It was crazy. Let’s be honest, it was crazy,”
Shaunie O’Neal promise that the upcoming season with be a lot more uplifting in narrative than before. The cast of Basketball Wives include some new faces and some returning faces. Season 5 of Basketball Wives, includes returning cast members Evelyn Lozada, Tami Roman, Suzie Ketcham, and newcomer Tasha Marbury (wife of Stephon Marbury). Jennifer Williams and Royce Reed are no longer on the show.
Shaunie O’Neal had this to say about the evolution of the Basketball Wives,
“You’ll see a lot of growth. Just filming this season I felt the growth. Sometimes I’d look at the ladies and be like ‘I’m so proud of you. You handled that so well.’ This is like a mirror. We’ve been able to look at ourselves for four seasons, and now going into the fifth, it’s like ‘I gotta do better. I’m a mom of two girls. And my daughters see me… I never want to show them anything that I wouldn’t want them to represent as a black woman. I can’t control what everyone else does, I can’t control anybody else’s behavior, but I can control mine.”
Shaunie says this season is very emotional due to the horrible break up between Evelyn Lozada and Chad Ochocino Johnson.
“I really didn’t know what to say. I really did feel helpless in advice. All I could be was a shoulder to cry on. It was rough. It’s a whole lot of crying. I tease her now when we talk, like, ‘I stopped counting how many times you cried this season, and how many times you made me almost cry.’ A lot of it was us hearing some things for the first time. She let’s go a lot on the show, because it was so new when we were filming. It’s very emotional… it’s extremely emotional.”
Season 5 of Basketball Wives premieres on VH1 Monday, August 19th at 10PM ET/PT.
Wow this should be interesting!
Do you think the ladies of Basketball Wives will be on their best behavior this season?
Leave your comments below.
Story via: The Grio.

No comments:

Post a Comment